|New twins started in 2014:|
- Bangladesh – Canada
- Cameroon – Switzerland
- Tanzania – Ontario (Canada)
- Santa Cruz de la Sierra (Bolivia) – Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- Tallinn (Estonia) – Helsinki (Finland)
- Varna (Bulgaria) – Bonn (Germany)
- Abuja (Nigeria) – Chicago (USA)
- Antananarivo (Madagascar) – Brest (France)
- Bamako (Mali) – Montpellier (France)
- Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) – Pittsburgh (USA)
- Kampala (Uganda) – London (UK)
The Twinning Program of the World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) was established more than 15 years ago. This program aims to improve hemophilia care in emerging countries through a formal, two-way partnership between two hemophilia organizations or treatment centres for a period of four years. Twinned organizations or hemophilia treatment centres work together and share information, resulting in a mutually beneficial partnership. It is a great way to transfer expertise, experience, skills, and resources.
The WFH has two types of Twinning Programs: the Hemophilia Treatment Centre Twinning and the Hemophilia Organization Twinning.
Hemophilia Treatment Centre Twinning
The Hemophilia Treatment Centre Twinning (HTC) Program partners emerging HTCs with established ones to help improve diagnosis and medical attention for people with hemophilia.
Hemophilia Organization Twinning
The Hemophilia Organization Twinning (HOT) Program partners emerging and established hemophilia patient groups to share knowledge in areas such as patient education, outreach, fundraising, and all other aspects of operating a successful hemophilia patient society.
Twins of the Year Awards
Articles about Twinning
Guidelines and Resources
For more information about Twinning, contact Nicola Hope at email@example.com
Updated May 2014